Champagne Resort Tour
The Selkirk Mountain Range receives world renowned powder snow, both in quantity and quality. On this tour we take you to two of Canada's youngest resorts, Kicking Horse and Revelstoke Mountain Resort, in the heart of the Selkirks. These resorts are both very vast, and with relatively low numbers of visitors will have soft snow conditions, especially when the in-bounds hikes are taken advantage of. This tour also visits Lake Louise or Sunshine Village, whichever of these Rockies' classics has the best conditions at the time.
After picking up guests at the Calgary airport (afternoon arrivals are best), the group drives 1.5 hr to Banff, checks into the hotel, and meets for dinner to become acquainted and talk trip details and snow conditions.
The next morning we drive within an hour to Lake Louise or Sunshine Village, in the Great Divide of the Canadian Rockies. After skiing, a 1.5 hr drive will have us checking in to the bed & breakfast in Golden, home of Kicking Horse Resort. Four huge alpine bowls will keep us busy at The Horse for three days with options to hike out of bounds. On the morning of day 6 we travel to North America's newest resort, two hours to the west.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort boasts heli, cat, and lift-accessed terrain out the same base area, as well as more vertical drop than any other ski area in North America at 5620 ft or 1713m. This is an impressive ski area with alpine terrain that transitions into groomers that seem to never end.
After 2 days in Revelstoke we'll drive back to the B & B in Golden, where we'll have our final dinner together. On day 8, we'll drive through the Rockies, with time to stop at one of many scenic natural attractions along the way, and drop guests off for flights out of the Calgary Airport.
- Day 1 (Sat) - Guides pick up guests at Calgary Airport, and drive 1.5 hr to the hotel in Banff
- Day 2 - Ski at Lake Louise or Sunshine Village, transport to Golden
- Day 3 - Ski Kicking Horse with options to hike
- Day 4 - Ski Kicking Horse
- Day 5 - Ski Kicking Horse
- Day 6 - Drive 2 hrs to Revelstoke in the morning, ski Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Day 7 - Ski Revelstoke, drive back to Golden after skiing
- Day 8 (Sat) – Drive back to Calgary in the morning, guests depart in the afternoon
- $3250 plus tax - double occupancy
- $3510 plus tax - single occupancy
Tour Dates for 2018-19 Mar 24 - 31 enquire now