Heart and Soul
This tour involves the least amount of driving, and can have flexibility around numbers of days spent at each of the three resorts visited.
From the airport in Calgary, AB, we'll drive into the Rockies to the townsite of Banff to spend the first two nights. The first two days of skiing will be exploring the Banff area mega resorts of Lake Louise and Sunshine Village.
Lake Louise and Sunshine are the classic Canadian Rockies resorts, with an endless amount of runs, and outstanding views of the Great Divide. These international destination resorts (and the town of Banff) are also plentiful in the way of apres-ski and shopping. Following day two on the slopes, we drive to Golden, BC, one hour to the west.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, a fifteen minute drive from Golden, has become world renowned as a steep skiing paradise with over 4000' of vertical. The runs are challenging and the crowds are minimal. If you enjoy hiking, there are several rewarding options within the controlled/open terrain ranging from 10 - 30 mins. of hiking. If conditions allow, leaving the boundary for untouched powder is also an option offering long runs in nicely spaced trees as well as alpine bowls and chutes. To prepare for leaving the boundary, please look under the "Guided Backcountry" heading above to become familiar with the requirements.
The Heart and Soul Tour Itinerary
- Day 1 - Guests arrive at the Calgary Airport, meet their guides, drive to Banff for 2 nights
- Day 2 - 20 min drive to Sunshine Village, hopefully Delirium Dive is open...
- Day 3 - 40 mins to Lake Louise for the day, travel 1 hr to Golden for the next 5 nights
- Day 4 - Ski Kicking Horse Resort with options to hike
- Day 5 - Ski Kicking Horse Resort
- Day 6 - Ski Kicking Horse Resort
- Day 7 - Ski Kicking Horse Resort
- Day 8 - Drive to Calgary in the morning, guests depart in the afternoon
Cost in Canadian dollars
- $2920 plus tax - double occupancy
- $3190 plus tax - single occupancy
Tour Dates for 2017-18 Mar 10 - 17 enquire now