Pure Powder Adventure
The Pure Powder Adventure is designed to leave some options open, so that we can make selections best suited to the snow conditions. We'll start in the Rockies of Alberta, spending a day either at Sunshine Village or Lake Louise, depending on the snow. A highlight at Sunshine Village is the longest, steepest, in-bounds descent in the Canadian Rockies called the Delirium Dive. Lake Louise offers a huge variety of long runs ranging from open bowls to steep couloirs, and breathtaking views. A 15 minute stop at Chateau Lake Louise after the day on the slopes offers a relaxing look at the world class ice sculptures in front of the hotel, along with impressive views of the lake itself.
We'll wake up on day three in Golden, and spend the next two days in and out of bounds at Kicking Horse Resort, offering powdery rewards for even the shortest of hikes beyond the boundary. The next morning we'll decide between skiing another morning at the Horse, driving 3.5 hours towards an afternoon of skiing in Fernie, or relaxing on this travel day with a long stop at one of three natural hot springs along the way.
On days six and seven we'll explore the resort in Fernie, and leave day eight to decide between driving 1.5 hr to Castle Mountain for the day, or skiing a third day at Fernie Castle is a remote, impressively huge resort with very temperamental weather patterns that can make for an unforgettable experience on the right day. On the ninth day the group starts out after breakfast to the Calgary Airport, 2.5 hrs from Fernie.
- Day 1 - Guests arrive in Calgary, meet guides, and drive 1.5 hr to Banff for the night
- Day 2 - Ski Sunshine or Lake Louise, drive 1.5 hr to Golden for 3 nights
- Day 3 - Ski Kicking Horse with options to hike
- Day 4 - Ski Kicking Horse
- Day 5 - Drive 3.5 hrs to Fernie for 3 nights, with a stop at natural hot springs. Option to ski the morning at Kicking Horse, or the afternoon in Fernie instead of the hot springs.
- Day 6 - Ski Fernie
- Day 7 - Ski Fernie, with the option of driving 1.5 hr to Castle Mountain Resort for the day
- Day 8 - Ski Fernie, with the option of driving 1.5 hr to Castle Mountain Resort for the day
- Day 9 - Early transfer to Calgary airport
Cost in Canadian Dollars
- $3900 plus tax - double occupancy
- $4145 plus tax - single occupancy
Tour Dates for 2018-19 Feb 4-12 enquire now